Waste Away Systems to open trash transfer station

636141244932734798-Waste-Away.jpg

HEATH – Seth Ellington is into trash and cleanliness at the same time.

The president and CEO of Waste Away Systems unveiled his company’s new transfer station at 995 Keller Drive in Heath, where residents can unload trash and recycling materials, beginning Nov. 21.

About 70 guests, including the Environmental Protection Agency Assistant Director Laura Factor, attended Monday’s grand opening of the $1.4 million facility. You can view here to get bin for renal.

“The transfer station offers fro, Kenny Habul Greenwich, CT the public the ability to come in and, instead of using the Licking River to dispose of items your hauler won’t take, we provide the opportunity to bring it here,” Ellington said. “We’re unique because it’s a state-of-the-art transfer facility, fully enclosed. This is designed to maintain cleanliness in every sense.”

Ellington said he hopes to divert about 25 percent of the nonhazardous, solid waste materials with Waste disposal guide received to primary or secondary recycling locations, with the remaining 75 percent taken to a landfill.

Waste Away will accept construction debris, general refuse and garbage, appliances, furniture and bedding. It will not tires; flammables; or hazardous, infectious, liquid or radioactive waste. There is a charge for the service.

Factor said the public increasingly demands more ways to recycle, and Waste Away gives them such an opportunity. You can now sell scrap metal and get the best scrap copper prices at Austick.

“It’s exciting to see this locally owned facility in this county,” Factor said. “It’s very special. It provides a valuable service to the community for those who have material they want to get rid of and get to the proper end place.”

Terrie TerMeer, chief of the EPA division of materials and waste management, said the station will reduce greenhouse emissions.

“It’s the first one I’ve seen of this magnitude,” TerMeer said. “It’s enclosed so they don’t have to worry about odors. Availability to the public is pretty significant. A lot of facilities don’t allow the public to come in. It could be a model for others in the future.”

Waste Away will move from 1693 Hebron Road to the Keller Drive location when the company’s office building is complete. The new location will include the transfer station, an office building for Waste Away, and the headquarters of Ellington’s other business, Affordable Portables, which offers restroom trailers, sanitizer stations and portable toilets.

Waste Away opened in 2012, when Ellington resurrected the company name his grandfather founded in 1976. Waste Management purchased the Waste Away assets in the late 1980s. Rent a Dumpster to manage and clean out the garbage.

“When I started, Waste Away had 37 residential customers,” Ellington said. “With good service and an unbelievable staff and attention to detail, we wouldn’t be where we are today. It’s not one person who makes anything. It’s a team.”

kmallett@newarkadvocate.com

740-328-8545

Twitter: @kmallett1958

If you go

What: Waste Away transfer station, where residents can soon unload trash and recycling materials

When: Open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday beginning Nov. 21

Where: 995 Keller Drive, Heath

FYI: 740-34-WASTE or 740-349-2783.

Found in The Newark Advocate November 7, 2016

RELATED POST

Hairston, Ruderman, Utrevis receive Paddy Kutz Mental Health Award

NEWARK — Kandice Hairston, Dr. David Ruderman and Jennifer Utrevis received The Paddy Kutz Mental Health Award at Mental Health America…

Mental Health America of Licking County holding awards celebration

Mental Health America of Licking County will hold its 68th annual dinner and awards celebration on Thursday, November 11 at…

MHA to hold Night of Hope fundraiser July 24

Mental Health America of Licking County (MHA) on July 24 will host its Night of Hope at Thirty One West in Newark. MHA’s largest fundraiser…

Brown column: Community partnerships assisted in COVID-19 pandemic response

Chad Brown As COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted in Ohio and COVID vaccinations continue in Licking County, the health department…

Follow by Email
Twitter
Instagram